by Siobhan Harmer
Instead of replacing clothing at the first sign of wear and tear, whynot use these 33 clothing hacks to keep your clothing fresh, fixed and
1. De-Pill Your Clothing Using A Razor.
cottonandcurls.comAfter you’ve run a razor over your clothing, use tape to pick off any left overs.
2. Sew On A Button.
ultimatescouts.comIt’s that easy!
3. A Tie Is A Man’s Jewellery.
themetapicture.comYou don’t need a lot of ties, just a few different ways to tie it.
4. Use A Sharpie To Cover Bleach Stains.
sewmanyways.blogspot.co.ukBlot out the bleach instantly.
5. Use a Hair Straighteners As a Collar Iron.
blazepress.comDon’t have the heat to high or leave the straighteners on the fabric too long or you may cause damage… and a fire.
6. Fix A Zipper With Candle Wax, Crayons, A Pencil Or Nail Polish.
interestingremedies.comNo really! Get The full tutorials here .
7. Stop Your Fly from Opening.
getdigitalorange.comUse an elastic band, or buy an actual Zip Holder .
8. Take Jean Hems Up Yourself.
.makeit-loveit.comHere’s the full how-to .
9. Use Shaving Foam To Remove Make-Up Stains.
feminiya.comWe recommend washing the clothing after you’ve covered it in shaving foam though.
10. Attach Something To The End Of Your Pyjama Ties To Stop Them From Disappearing Into The Hem.
reddit.comA safety pin may a bit stabby, so re recommend a button or a thick hairband.
11. Widen Shoes By Filling Them With Water.
agapelovedesigns.comIt may seem like madness, but placing water inside your shoes and
putting them in the freezer overnight will expand them so they fit
12. Use A Straw So You Never Lose Your Hoody Strings Again.
lifehacker.comYou only need an inch of straw, there’s no need to have the whole string covered in straws.
13. Wear Your Leather Jacket In The Rain To Get That Distressed Look.
trends-setters.comNot into the glossy, new leather jacket look? Create the distressed, vintage look by wearing the jacket in bad weather.
14. Try Jeans On Without Actually Trying Them On.
wikihow.comJeans shopping is the most time-consuming, soul-destroying experience
ever, so instead of trying jeans on see if the waistline will fit
around your neck. If it does, chances are they’ll fit your waist.
15. White Wine Removes Red Wine.
wikihow.comIt really does! Get the full tutorial here .
16. Window Cleaner Will Also Clean Patent Leather.
beautytiptoday.comJust spray and wipe.
17. Talcum Powder Removes Oil Stains.
wikihow.comApply the talc to the area and leave it over night.
18. Lemon Juice Will Remove Armpit Odours.
wikihow.comSpray a little lemon on the affected area and those odours will evaporate.
19. Hem With A Glue Gun If You Want Quick Results.
shanty-2-chic.comIf you’re in a rush or you don’t have the sewing skills necessary, just use a glue gun to take up those long items.
20. Cold Water And Vinegar Will Remove Stains.
11andchic.comThis mixture will remove stains form leather without causing any damage.
21. Use A Hairdryer To Make Shoes More Comfortable.
stylecaster.comPut on a pair of thick socks and put on your shoes. Blow-dry your feet and the heat will stretch out your shoes.
22. Use Vaseline To Unstick A Zipper.
cosmopolitan.comBy greasing up the zip you’ll make it easier to undo.
23. Clear Nail Varnish Will Stop A Ladder In Your Tights.
cosmopolitan.comMake sure the nail varnish is clear!
24. Pull On The Fabric Around A Thread To Pull It Back Into Place.
cosmopolitan.comMove between tugging on the sides and top and bottom of the lose thread.
25. Washing Up Liquid Will Remove Oil Stains.
cosmopolitan.comThe Dawn brand is also gentle on your clothing.
26. Tame A Wild Underwire Using Adhesive Moleskin.
cosmopolitan.comYou can get adhesive moleskin from almost any drugstore.
27. Moisturise Leather.
cosmopolitan.comIf you don’t have shoe polish lying about then use moisturiser instead.
28. Cover Sneakers In Baking Soda To Remove Odours.
cosmopolitan.comThe baking soda will soak up any sweat that’s on your shoes. Gross, but true.
29. Clear Nail Varnish Will Stop A Button Falling Off.
cosmopolitan.comAvoid sewing the button back on right now with this quick fix.
30. Use Clear Nail Polish To Tighten Sunglasses.
cosmopolitan.comIf your sunglasses’ arms a little loose, dab some nail polish on the hinge until you can get to a tiny screwdriver.
31. Hairspray Will Remove A Lipstick Stain.
cosmopolitan.comSpray hairspray on the lipstick stain and let it settle for a few minutes before putting the item in the washing machine.
32. Put Your Jeans In The Freezer To Remove Odour.
cosmopolitan.comThe cold will kill smelly bacteria without fading your denim.
33. Stop Sweaters Shredding By Putting Them In The Freezer.
cosmopolitan.comLeave the sweater in the freezer overnight and there’ll be no more shedding!
Enjoy these 33 clothing hacks to make life a little simpler and more manageable!